Thursday, March 31, 2011

CRAWL, CLIMB, SLIDE, PLAY

Sometimes a paper has an element I struggle to use.  This sheet from Webster's Pages had a dutch looking windmill, and I found a way to deal with it.
Cover it up!  I know, it seems silly to buy something you won't use or like.  But sometimes the kits have one page that's not your style.  So: GET CREATIVE!

I had lots of photos of my boys at the park, which leaves little room on a page for creativity.  Yet, the page turned out so unique.  I added Webster's Pages Storyteller letter stickers for playground words to mildly accent the photos!  They come on 12x12 sheets in 4 colors!!!

So the results; A crisp simple page!  Tip of the day: Don't work so hard, let the printed paper make it easy! Those little flowers along the edge and a strip of blue was all it really needed.

I love the fact that in one photo, my son is missing his boot!  Good thing he has big brother to help him.

The sunburst was cut on my Cricut, Accent Essentials. I cut it in half to emphasize the word.  The gems are so carefully added in a circle by using a punched one folded in half for a guide!


2 comments: