Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Unity challenge

After much procrastination, I've purchased my first Unity brand stamp set.  It's called Material Girl.  I figure with my mom being a quilter, it would come in handy for cards. 

A challenge is just what I need to get started with my new set.  For the All Things Unity (ATU) Trifecta challenge, there are a few rules.  You must make a 3x3 creation, with 3 types of embellishments, for Birthday or Anniversary. 

 I'm linking up to their post at:  ATU trifecta


I used the giant tag as a background pattern on this tiny card.  I'm already loving that stamp because I know I'll use it to journal on scrapbook pages.


The color combinations is kind of unusual.  I started with Indian Corn Blue cardstock & ink from Close To My Heart (CTMH).   The adorable flower tag is CTMH, with a K&Co glitter flower sticker.  The white spiral paper clip is CTMH & I slapped on an old button from my stash.  I love using floss in buttons.  The strip of mustard colored patterned paper is from my DCWV pet stack.



1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous card--LOVE that idea of using that tag stamp as the background! Beautifully done! Great combo of embellies too!! Thanks for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at ATU for our special Unity birthday challenge!!

    ReplyDelete