Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Yet another card

I've been on a card making binge.  So for Unity's challenge #31, I inked up an unused flower stamp.  It was pretty simple, until I took a tiny scalloped scissors to the edge of the petals!


What a difference that made!!! The image actually had scalloped petal edges, but on such a small flower I couldn't possibly hand cut that jagged edge.  Problem solved.

Next I framed a lovely lady die cut from K&Co with an assortment of Unity flowers.  How pretty is she?  It looks like a coffee emblem to me.  But she went so well with the Que Sera Sera line of paper.  I dabbed copper stickles on the flowers, sponge inked the edge of my background & used 3D dots behind her.





Using a punch from Martha Stewart, I inked, folded, and inked some more!



It really added distinction to the leaves, when they otherwise might have been unnoticeable.

The Unity stamp words were side by side in a frame.  I chose to ink only one at a time with a marker, so I could stack them.  I also did 2nd generation, which just means I stamped on a scrap paper...then on my cardstock.  The result was just the right color tone & aged look that I needed. 



I encourage readers to enter the ALL THINGS UNITY ATU challenges.  Why not create & possibly be rewarded!?

2 comments:

  1. SOOOOO pretty! LOVE that you used markers for the sentiment--and stacked it! LOVE that ribbon too! And what a great idea for the flower petals:) FUN! Thanks so much for joining in the fun over at ATU!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a really great tip!! I'm going to have to remember that. Thanks for playing with us over at All Things Unity, we hope to see you again

    ReplyDelete