Sunday, September 4, 2011

Get Grungy

I've tried the grunge look on this masculine card.  It was fun to add wings to the watch.  You see the wings a lot, but for me it's always hard to know how to use them.  I stamped them on Kraft paper, keeping in the brown theme.  The paper is Graphic 45, I cut the watches out of a sheet & also used a nice patterned background.


The Tim Holtz distressing powder didn't work very well for me.  I found a helpful video on Youtube, after the fact.  Now I know that you can't over-emboss it.  Next time I will have to heat the crap out of it & tap it off afterwards.  It fascinates me....the Tim Holtz stuff.  I like a lot of it, since I do so many boy pages.  He does have some neat vintage themes as well.  Maybe as my oldest boy grows up ( he just turned 12!), I'll really get into using more Holtz products.  Here are a few "grungy" blogs:  Graphic 45   Tim Holtz


Distressing Powder feels like sandpaper.


The awesome paint splatters are from a Close To My Heart stamp set.  I did two different brown inks to make it look aged.  The sentiment is also CTMH. 

No comments:

Post a Comment