Thursday, February 28, 2013

Masking ~ Train Scene

I'm slightly addicted to masking!
It really opens up more creative options.
Today I'll show my combination of two Tim Holtz stamps.
 
Example #1:
 
 
First I stamped the street lamp.
Next I used my own lamp mask (stamped & handcut),
covered the lamp & stamped the train right over it.
 
But I have to say the glitter train steam
is what really makes this card cool.
 
 
Example #2:
 
 
Just like the card, I stamped - masked - stamped.
Notice the small gap around the street lamp
where the stamp didn't quite make contact?
I just fill that in with a black gel pen,
essentially sketching in to fill the void.
 
 
Using my Distress Inks, Copic markers & more masking:
The train scene came to life!
 
Here are my masks, I'll be saving them for more projects!
 
 
This was a challenging project, but fun indeed.
I put the train in my 4 year old son's room.
He just loves trains.
 
 
 
I use this chicken wire frame to clip up photos, art & mementos
in his room.  It's a fun way to keep changing the look.
 
Visit Funkie Junkie Boutique for many Tim Holtz
products like the Broken China, Faded Jeans & Mustard Seed
Distress Ink Pads I used here. 
 Linking up to the Frilly and Funkie blog.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment