Saturday, March 16, 2013

Curious Bunny Sign

If you follow the Tim Holtz blog,
you've heard about his tattered floral contest.
 
He wants us all to get crafty with his
die cuts & make some fun flowery creations!
So even if you don't participate,
you should view all the amazing entries.
It is very inspiring!
 
I made this painted sign with a curious bunny,
since it's nearly Easter (and spring)!
 
 
Using my Cricut, I cut vinyl stencils
& dabbed in the negative space with paint.
The cartridges were CTMH Art Philosophy
(butterfly & frame)
and Child's Year (bunny).
 
 
Making the blue jean flowers was so fun! 
I layered the tattered flowers over some other pink
scrapbooking flowers for more color.
 
I painted Tim's Festive Foliage metal flowers white.
Then I found some furniture nails
with bigger heads and painted them also.
They worked good to secure them on
by nailing them to my wood.
 
 
A big chunky ribbon bow tied it all together.
 
 
 
 


1 comment: